The Committee has adopted a formal Investment Policy Statement to guide and document the decisions that must be made to maintain the NSHE Retirement Program and to ensure that the fiduciaries overseeing the Retirement Plan operate in the best interests of participants.
As part of the ongoing monitoring process, the RPAC conducts detailed, periodic reviews of the investment funds available in the Retirement Program (see "Quarterly Performance Reviews and Research Reports" below). To help in the review process, NSHE has retained Hewitt EnnisKnupp as an independent adviser on matters related to investments and management of the retirement Program. Hewitt EnnisKnupp, which acts as a co-fiduciary, works in concert with our administrative service providers to publish quarterly reports on the performance and fees of the investment funds offered in the Retirement Program. The reports employ a special color coding system that identifies funds that are repeatedly or consistently "On Watch" by the Committee. Click here for guidance on understanding the quarterly watch lists.
Hewitt EnnisKnupp also provides notices regarding investment funds that fail to meet key monitoring criteria. The RPAC regularly posts these reports (below) to share this information with our participants. You may also wish to review these reports to gain a better understanding of whether one or more of the other investment options available in the Retirement Program may be right for you.
Finally, Hewitt Ennis Knupp provides an annual review of the investment management and administrative expenses associated with the Retirement Programs' investment options. Click here to see the 2011 report on fund expenses.
Please keep in mind that this notification should not be taken as investment advice. Neither NSHE nor Hewitt EnnisKnupp is able to provide individual investment advice. Representatives from each of the three administrative service providers (TIAA-CREF, Fidelity Investments, and VALIC) are available to provide you with general guidance and education about the Retirement Program and the available investment options. You may also wish to speak with an independent financial advisor.
Quarterly Performance Reviews and Research Reports
2014 Performance Reports
2013 Performance Reports
- 4th Quarter 2013 Performance Report
- 3rd Quarter 2013 Performance Report
- 2nd Quarter 2013 Performance Report
- 1st Quarter 2013 Performance Report
2012 Performance Reports
- 4th Quarter 2012 Performance Report
- 3rd Quarter 2012 Performance Report
- 2nd Quarter 2012 Performance Report
- 1st Quarter 2012 Performance Report
- InBrief CREF Bond Market Account
- InBrief CREF Global Equities Account
- InBrief CREF Growth Account
- InBrief CREF Stock Account
- InBrief Fidelity Blue Chip Value Fund
- InBrief Fidelity Magellan Fund
- InBrief Fidelity Overseas Fund
- InBrief Fidelity Stock Selector All Cap Fund
- InBrief Fidelity Stock Selector Small Cap Fund
- InBrief Fidelity Value Fund
- InBrief Fidelity Value Strategies Fund