Upcoming Inprovements to the NSHE Retirement Program
For almost two years the Retirement Plan Advisory Committee with the assistance of an independent consultant has been engaged in comprehensive review of the Plan. The goal of that review was to provide you with higher quality investment options at a lower administrative cost.
As a result of that review, the Chancellor has announced that a series of important enhancements are being made to the NSHE Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (“Plan”), which are specifically designed to meet the goals of the review, namely to improve the quality of the investment options available to participants and to lower each participant’s administrative costs.
Effective January 1, 2014:
- We will be rolling out a new tiered investment line-up which will result in lower cost investment options and provide for better oversight of the managers on the line-up.
- TIAA-CREF will become the sole administrative services provider for the Plan.
Contribution rates, eligibility requirements, immediate vesting, and all other aspects of the Plan’s design will remain the same. Those employees who are enrolled in the PERS will not be affected by this change and PERS will remain the mandatory retirement program for classified staff.
NEW Investment Line-up, effective January 1, 2014
- Performance Reports for New Investment Line-up
The following documents are provided for in-depth information about the comprehensive Retirement Program review:
- Summary of Current Status, Goals and Objectives, and a Process for Achieving Enhancements prepared by the RPAC
- the program's Investment Policy Statement
- Investment Performance Reports
- Table of Investment Management and Administrative Expenses listing the Program's investment funds sorted in descending order of assets, with funds that have trailed their market performance benchmarks highlighted.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Defined Contribution Plans Town Hall Meeting Power Point Slides
- 2013 NSHE Retirement Program Survey Summary Results
- A Committee Member’s Perspective on the Upcoming Request for Proposal for Retirement Service Providers
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
The Advisory Committee welcomes and encourages your comments or questions in the box below.