Robert J. Blakely
District 2 - Clark County (map)
1200 S. Torrey Pines Drive #94
Regent Robert Blakely was elected to the Board of Regents in 2008 as the representative for Clark County, District 2. He currently serves as vice chair of the ad hoc Marketing, Publicity and Public Safety Committee. He is also a member of the Academic and Student Affairs Committee, Audit Committee, Cultural Diversity Committee and Workforce, Research and Economic Development Committee.
Regent Blakely was born in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, but spent his formative years in Missoula, Montana. He earned Bachelor of Science degrees in both Environmental Engineering and Mining Engineering from the Montana College of Mineral Science and Technology in Butte Montana, which is now part of the University of Montana.
Regent Blakely has worked in operations and engineering positions in Nevada and Arizona for over 20 years. He holds a commercial driver's license (CDL) and an insurance license in Nevada.
- Regional Leader, Primerica Financial Services, May 2007-present
- Project Administrator, Bechtel Science Applications International Corporation, July 2001-May 2007
- Regional Leader, Primerica Financial Services, May 1996-June 2001
- Physical Scientist, U.S. Department of Energy, April 1991-December 1995
- Driver, Bell Transportation, November 1990-April 1991
- Regional Leader, Primerica Financial Services, April 1990-November 1990
- Senior Engineer, Reynolds Electrical & Engineering Company, April 1985-April 1990
- Engineer III, Reynolds Electrical & Engineering Company, April 1983-April 1985
- Assistant Mine Shift Foreman, Phelps Dodge Corporation, October 1980-November 1982
- Mine Planner, Phelps Dodge Corporation, October 1979-October 1980
- Project Engineer, Consolidation Coal Company, February 1978-September 1979