District 1 - Clark County (map)
101 Convention Center Drive, Suite 1115
Regent Cedric Crear was elected to the Board of Regents in 2006 and was retained in the 2012 election as the representative for District 1 in Clark County. He currently serves as chair of the Cultural Diversity Committee. He is also a member of the Academic and Student Affairs Committee, Audit Committee, Workforce, Research and Economic Development Committee and the ad hoc UNLV President Search Committee. In July 2013, he was chosen to serve on the UNLV Campus Improvement Authority Board of Directors.
Regent Crear is president of Crear Creative Group which provides marketing, full-service advertising and consulting solutions to regional and global businesses.
He earned a B.S. from Howard University in Washington, D.C. where he earned a tennis scholarship. He was captain of the tennis team for three years and was a two-time conference champion.
- Howard University, Washington, D.C.
Bachelor of Science
- President, Crear Outdoor Advertising, 2010-present
- President, Crear Creative Group, 2005-present
- Business Consultant, SBC Telecommunications, 2005-2005
- Chief Marketing Officer, Vestin Group, Inc., 2003-2004
- Director of Marketing, Sunset Station Hotel & Casino, 2002-2003
- Director of Marketing, Palace Station Hotel & Casino, 2002
- Director of Marketing, Barley's Casino & Brewery, 2000-2002
- Director of Casino Marketing, Sunset Station Hotel & Casino, 1999-2000
- Casino Marketing Manager, Sunset Station Hotel & Casino, 1998-1999
- Hotel Sales Manager, Sunset Station Hotel & Casino, 1997-1998
- Player Development Manager, Station Casinos Kansas City, 1996-1997
- Management Trainee, Palace Station Hotel & Casino, 1994-1996
- General Manager-Reservations & Sales, Las Vegas Reservation Systems, 1992-1994
Civic, Community, Charitable, Public and Professional Service
- Chairman, Southern Nevada Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Member, Board of Directors of The Smith Center of the Performing Arts
- Member, UNLV Campus Improvement Authority Board
- Former Executive Committee Member, Caucus of African-American Nevadans
- Volunteer, Andre Agassi Foundation