RPAC review of the NSHE Retirement Program
The NSHE Retirement Program Advisory Committee (RPAC) is conducting a comprehensive review of the NSHE Retirement Program, including the mandatory RPA plan for faculty, the voluntary TSA plan for faculty and staff, and the Medical Resident/Postdoctoral Fellows plan. These are NSHE’s defined contribution plans with Fidelity, TIAA-CREF, and VALIC as current service providers. The Chancellor has approved a process for the RPAC to provide information to and solicit input from NSHE faculty and staff about plan improvements leading to a possible Request for Proposals (RFP) from service providers in 2013. Members of the RPAC met with institutional leadership groups from October 2012 to January 2013, conducted a participant survey in February 2013, and have been holding open forums at all NSHE institutions since October 2012. A recommendation by the RPAC to the Chancellor regarding a RFP is targeted for March 2013.
The following documents are provided for in-depth information about the process:
- Summary of Current Status, Goals and Objectives, and a Process for Achieving Enhancements prepared by the RPAC
- the program's Investment Policy Statement
- Investment Performance Reports
- Table of Investment Management and Administrative Expenses listing the Program's investment funds sorted in descending order of assets, with funds that have trailed their market performance benchmarks highlighted.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Defined Contribution Plans Town Hall Meeting Power Point Slides
- 2013 NSHE Retirement Program Survey Summary Results
- A Committee Member’s Perspective on the Upcoming Request for Proposal for Retirement Service Providers
RPAC COMMENT BOX
The Advisory Committee welcomes and encourages your input and suggestions in the comment box below. (You may include your name and e-mail address or you can choose to remain anonymous.)