CCSN Board of Regents' Meeting Minutes
Volume OE - Pages 261-262
August 31, 1920
The members of the Executive Committee of the Board of Regents,
Judge A. E. Cheney and Miles E. North, met with the President
and Comptroller of the University in the Office of the President
on August 31, 1920, at 11 o'clock.
The following resolution was passed:
WHEREAS, it is necessary that the payroll be promptly paid,
RESOLVED, by those present, that the payroll be approved
and the checks therein issued, subject to the confirmation
of the Executive Committee or the Board of Regents whenever
a quorum shall be present.
Thereupon, Payroll Check No. 202 for the net sum of $23,787.18
At 12 o'clock the bids for the new Federal Mining Experiment
Station building were opened in the presence of the contractors
and Mr. Mc Crae, representing the State Architect. Bids were
For the construction of the building
1. Howard Williams - $32,248 - certified check for $3300
2. J. Bernasconi - $26,900 - certified check for $1400
3. E. K. Fowler - $27,400 - certified check for $1400
4. Rousch and Belz - $27,872 - certified check for $1600
For Plumbing and Heating contracts
1. Reno Pl. & Heating - $6533 - certified check for $350
2. Charles M. Wara - $6597 - certified check for $335
3. Jacob C. Meyers - $6986 - certified check for $400
4. Harry Kelly - $7600 - certified check for $400
Bids for electric wiring have not yet been advertised.
Action on above bids will be had as soon as quorum of Executive
Committee or Board of Regents can be had.
Mr. Williams asked to withdraw his bid and have returned to him
his certified check, inasmuch as his bid was so greatly in ex-
cess of the others. Mr. Gorman was instructed to return the
check and take Mr. Williams' receipt therefor.
A. E. Cheney
Carolyn M. Beckwith