Charges: The Workforce, Research and Economic Development Committee shall:
- Consider and recommend to the Board policies that appropriately align research within NSHE institutions with the priorities of the State Plan for Economic Development and support and encourage private sector engagement.
- Provide guidance, strategies and recommend policies to support workforce development efforts within the NSHE.
- Facilitate dialogue between the NSHE, business and industry, state and federal governmental representatives, institutional foundations, the state's Advisory Council on Economic Development, and the state's Board of Economic Development in implementing the State Plan for Economic Development and related issues, and appropriate funding to support the NSHE workforce, research and economic development initiatives.
- Provide guidance, strategies and recommend policies to support the sourcing of supplemental public and private sector funding for the colleges, universities and research institute to augment the financial support provided by the State for workforce and economic development initiatives.
- Consider and recommend to the Board policies that support and encourage technology transfer, entrepreneurship and commercialization.
- Consult with the Executive Director of the Nevada Office of Economic Development and recommend Board policies to support the administration of the Knowledge Fund in a manner consistent with the State Plan for Economic Development.