Charges: The Business and Finance Committee shall:
- Review and recommend to the Board the operating budget requests and work programs for the NSHE, with the primary objective of affirming the connections between the NSHE Master Plan and System-wide priorities, budget requests and funding allocations.
- Review and recommend to the Board the self-supporting budgets and work programs for the NSHE.
- Make recommendations to the Board for the financing of the activities of the NSHE and the expenditure or use of NSHE financial resources.
- Review institutional and System proposals that create added fiscal requirements and/or alter established planning directions.
- Oversee System direction of, or participation in, studies of funding mechanisms and approaches for public higher education in Nevada.
- Review and make recommendations on NSHE risk management, insurance programs and safety and security measures.
- Jointly, with the Academic and Student Affairs Committee, consider and recommend to the Board policies concerning NSHE enrollment management plans, tuition and fees and the development of a student financial aid system for the NSHE that promotes access to public higher education for all Nevadans.
- Provide guidance and strategies, and recommend policies to support economic and workforce development efforts within the NSHE.
- Facilitate dialogue between the NSHE, business and industry, state and federal governmental representatives, System and institutional foundations, and economic development stakeholders throughout Nevada in determining economic development needs, related issues and funding appropriations.
- Monitor the technology needs and systems of the NSHE to ensure optimal use of resources for integrated System-wide information systems and other proper strategic uses of technology within the NSHE.