New Program Proposals
The following items require Academic Affairs Council approval. Certain items must also be approved by the Board of Regents. The new program (or certificate) proposal form and budget projection table are available at the bottom of the page and must be commpleted.
Items Requiring Academic Affairs Council Approval Only
- Primary field of study within an associate of arts and associate of science (AA and AS) if the primary field of study is designed for transfer
- Certificates of at least 30 credit hours require AAC approval
- Skills Certificates require AAC approval: Certificates of at least 9 and less than 30 credit hours that provide preparation necessary to take state, national and/or industry recognized certification or licensing examinations (all other certificates of less than 30 credit hours, including post baccalaureate certificates, do not require AAC approval).
- All other certificates, including post-baccalaureate certifcates of any duration, do not require AAC approval.
- Study abroad programs
Items Requiring Board of Regents Approval - The following items must be approved by the Academic Affairs Council prior to being presented to the Board for approval:
- Degree, major or primary field of study for baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral level programs (BA, BS, MA, MS, Ph.D, and named degrees)
- Emphases, major or primary field of study within the bachelor of applied science (BAS)
- Primary field of study within an associate of arts and associate of science (AA and AS) if the primary field of study is developed for employment in a particular field or is not intended for transfer to a 4-year institution
- Primary field of study within an associate of applied science (AAS)
- Emphasis, concentration, or options that are converted into a major
» Program Proposal Form (Revised November 2016)
» Skills Certificate Proposal Form (Revised June 2015)
» 30+ Credit Certificate Proposal Form (Revised September 2016)
»New Program Cost Estimate (Revised December 2015)